Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hurry Up Labor Day

I will be so glad to get to Labor Day and get some volume back in these markets. I think that we can see that Europe is in trouble and the Euro is headed downward. The only downside to shorting the FXE is that you have to pay about 4% yield to the owner of the security. The Euro Zone is in more trouble than we are and their currency is headed for trouble. I believe that owning the companies that do well abroad is going to be much less beneficial in for the next few months. I think you are going to see money rolling out of those trades based on the strengthening dollar.

I am basically just sitting still and trying to make quick trades when they become available. I would hope that we might see some bullishness after labor day, but we have a lot of data to digest. I still think the oil trade a fundamentally bullish story---as evidenced by the fact that oil held its own today in the face of the stronger dollar. Natural gas got a much anticipated snap back---I'll be interested to see if it can follow through tomorrow.

I don't think you are going to see the Democrats get a big bump in the polls out of their convention. Hillary Clinton certainly did not give a very convincing endorsement of Barack Obama tonight and I stand by my assessment that the markets will react positively it McCain pulls ahead in the polls.

For those of you that read my analysis of AOC a couple of nights ago, Moods reaffirmed their ratings today, and I think this one will be a winner. We are working on the analysis of several stocks and will have opinions shortly. Thanks for visiting our site!!!!!

One of my favorite ways to generate new ideas is to hear what others are thinking. Feel free to use the comment section to make comments/ask questions.

0 comments: