Wednesday, November 5, 2008

How to Trade the Vote?

I like the infrastructure plays and obviously my favorite is FLR. Other than that I am looking to potentially get short. I think Wall Street is headed for more regulation and I think that will be negative in the long run. Not to mention that this rally has been pretty sharp and volume was not that great. I am cautious with regard to some of my dividend paying favorites until we see how any new tax policies are going to impact those stocks. I am considering selling my domestic tobacco dividend generator MO. It is almost a given that we are going to see higher tobacco taxes to fund the Children's Health Insurance Program. Fundamentally and ethically I have no problem with those higher taxes---but it may very well impact MO to the downside.

I like gold,oil,and natural gas.

More later.

0 comments: