Tuesday, November 3, 2009

RBS Needs $42 Billion Infusion

When I woke up this morning, I turned on Blomberg to hear them report that RBS will get a 42Billion dollar infusion. Fair to say that banking is back at the epicenter of traders minds? The futures are lower (though off the lows of the morning) and I just can't see anything positive this week.

Yesterday proved that there are both some jitters and some money ready to be deployed. The see saw action yesterday reminded me of this time last year when we started a fairly rapid descent.

Is the Euro-Yen telling us that risk is ready come off of the table? The pair is down about 1% which is just another sign to me that we are going to see a rapid decline in equities (particularly financials) in the coming days. I added to my FAZ position yesterday and even though the position moved against me by the end of the day, I was content to hang on to it and wait. With bad news out of the banking sector on a daily basis I think FAZ will be a good one for me.

It always amazes me when I get comments like "have faith in your country" after I make a negative post about the economy. First and foremost, I love this country. I am proud to be an American, but I don't think the recent actions of our government are going to be good for our ECONOMY. It takes a ridiculous individual to interpret a short play on our economy as unpatriotic. It also amazes me when I see comments like "we always rebound and have always used debt". We have never used this massive amount of debt and thing will not always stay the same. We have been prosperous because we had a system of capitalism and a system that could be trusted. If we compromise those principles, things will change for the worse in a hurry.

BREAKING NEWS: BLOOMBERG REPORTS THAT BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY IS BUYING BURLINGTON NORTHERN. The futures got a quick pop off of the news, but are still in negative territory.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHERE DO OUR MARKETS GO IF OUR MONEY MULTIPLIER STAYS DOWN AS JOBLESS AND SAVINGS RATES INCREASE IN TANDEM WHILE GLOBAL INFLATION SLOWLY SETS IN WITH THE EXPANSION OF OTHER ECONOMIES?
blog comments powered by Disqus